June 12, 2020 Meeting Minutes
Revision as of 12:12, 18 June 2020 by Yoskowij
- Josh presented results on benchmarking SEDCS and Maxwellian sub-routines in the GPT custom element that assign secondary electron and ion energies respectively.
- Presentation is now uploaded to OneDrive.
- Tech note is on meeting page.
- Need to check First bin on SEDCS histograms - why is the histogram biased to lower energies?
- Will create an SEY routine that allows the user to input a user defined function for the distribution of secondary electrons during SEY.
- Will upload Outline of paper (from Joe) with a hierarchy of folders for tech notes and material to be uploaded for the paper.
- Cristhian presented a new polynomial function for ion generation
- Results showed that CO accumulated faster than H2 - perhaps due to difference in mass, resulting in H2 clearing faster than CO.
- SEY in IBSimu simulation required that ions must have an energy of at least 1 keV. For each eligible ion, one secondary electron was produced (i.e. one-to-one) in the direction normal to the surface. Need references for the angular distribution of SE...should it be random?