Difference between revisions of "June 13, 2019 - Weekly AIPINJ Meeting"
(Created page with "=== Agenda === Layouts ===To-Do List=== :'''Layout edits for Danny...''' #Locate NEW MFA0I03/MFA0I05 CL 15.9cm from faces of chopper #Move the 0I05 elements downstream, t...")
Revision as of 08:39, 13 June 2019
- Layout edits for Danny...
- Locate NEW MFA0I03/MFA0I05 CL 15.9cm from faces of chopper
- Move the 0I05 elements downstream, then add a valve
- After each solenoid locate a BPM with a Haimson magnet over it (let's see how well this works)
- Remove all other corrector coils.
- Make the viewer after the buncher the combined viewer+FC1
- Layout A3 to Booster in this order (not on top of one another): A3, DP can, Solenoid, BPM w/ Haimson, YAO, viewer, A4
- Set the bend angle of 1D beam line larger than 30 deg, but smaller than 45 deg...should be able to work between 1D and 0I line better than now
- Danny to add 3" long place holder for a wien quad upstream and downstream of each Wien filter like this: quad, cross, wien, cross, quad
- Danny, can you put old 5MeV dipole (MDL0L02) in place of 500keV Dipole (Shaun may have this drawing), it accepted a 1" square welded pipe, similar to UITF
- Y-Chamber jobs...
- Marcy, find the y-chamber in UITF, have it degassed, recommend a pump configuration
- Reza consider a new DS magnet that fits within L=5.25", over 3.0" pipe, that would have two 7.5 deg pole face rotations
- Chopper brainstorming...
- Reza say how far apart he'd like the chopper solenoids spaced from chopper center to minimize/eliminate B-field (helpful to say for both the 3.99" and 4.62" ID solenoids)
- Reza say what would be a reasonable reduction in the chopper circle, from 3cm to Xcm
- Danny consider a new chopping chamber, w/o central plug, where either four slits (A,B,C,Master) are INSERTED and at the centerline OR a viewer is INSERTED (can viewer be normal w/ mirror behind?)
- Marcy investigate precision linear vacuum actuators...are there other options to consider?