June 5, 2019
We'll meet in TL-2561a on June 5, 2019 @ 9:30am.
There have been 3 recent incidents where fire trucks responded to alarms on the accelerator site:
- May 21, 2019 - 10A card in a 1A slot resulting in a burned up air core magnet at 0L09 - https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3683097
- May 31, 2019 - Mis-wired 25A short on 100A shunt resulting in burned insulation on a ZA magnet - https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3684466
- Failed transformer winding on 28 year old klystron cathode power supply - https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3684618
In our realm of the accelerator, have we had enough resources and time to reasonably assess our systems ad have confidence for high reliability this summer?
The next 7 months!
- Cryo has headroom to support LCLS/SRF operations this summer
- Status of gain switch fiber oscillator at LERF
- Forecast for commissioning and radio-isotope run
- ARR, summer beam program, and the next gun electrode
- TGun schedule and outlook for the rest of the year