Difference between revisions of "Laser Size Paper - Nov 8, 2019"
(Created page with "== Meeting Info == We will meet Friday Nov 8 in TL-2221.. == For those calling in we'll use the Blue Jeans [https://cc.jlab.org/bluejeans] audio conference system. == Meet...")
Revision as of 12:14, 8 November 2019
We will meet Friday Nov 8 in TL-2221..
For those calling in we'll use the Blue Jeans  audio conference system.
Meeting ID: 366850636# Moderator Passcode: 2864 Meeting URL (for video and/or audio call in): http://bluejeans.com/366850636 Phone number (for audio call in): 1-888-240-2560
- Background Material
- PRAB (lifetime studies w/ bulk GaAs) media:high current lifetime_in print.pdf
- PSTP17 (lifetime study w/ GaAs/GaAsP) media:PSTP2017_Grames_v1.pptx media:PSTP2017_Grames_Final.pdf
- Motivation for high polarization at high current
- Requires useful long operating lifetime (e.g. 2mA is 1200C/week)
- QE uniformity important for beam quality, especially parity violation experiments
- Applications: Electron Ion Collider (>50 mA), Polarized Positron Source (>10mA) or Moller Standard Model test (>0.2 mA)
- Experimental Conditions (GaAs/GaAsP, tee shape electrode w/ grounded anode, rf pulsed IR laser)
- Injector Test Facility (anode + vacuum) => first 1 and 4 mA demos (in proceedings, unpublished)
- CEBAF (anode + vacuum + radiation + apertures + polarimetry) => CEBAF performance, laser scaling (in proceedings, unpublished)
- Injector Test Stand Results => 1mA and 4mA studies w/o polarimetry
- CEBAF QWeak performance applying laser scaling, then operating 1-2 years @ 0.2mA w/ online Compton polarimetry vs. QE
- CEBAF Scaling Experiment to achieve longest lifetime (>1000C) at >1 mA
- CEBAF Polarization Experiment to measure polarization up to 1mA
- Simulation Studies (IBSimu, GPT, Simion)
- Ion impact distribution at photocathode (#, energy, position) for CEBAF gun/geometry => demo how scaling depends upon optics
- Electron beam distribution => demo how "too large" beam size leads to e-beam losses (validates radiation) to assess impact (gun vs. downstream)
- GPT vs. IBSimu => not necessarily for paper, but for training and benchmarking?
- Outlook & Conclusions
- Ion impact degradation of GaAs photocathodes
- J. Grames, R. Suleiman, P. A. Adderley, J. Clark, J. Hansknecht, D. Machie, M. Poelker, and M. L. Stutzman, "Charge and fluence lifetime measurements of a DC high voltage GaAs photogun at high average current", Phys. Rev. ST Accel. Beams 14, 043501 (2011), media:high current lifetime_in print.pdf
- 2018 Experiment to exploit increase of laser area to achieve >100C at >1mA from high polarization photocathodes