Mar 6, 2020 Meeting Minutes
Revision as of 15:21, 24 March 2020 by Yoskowij
Emails/attachments sent during the previous week
- Email chain subject name: Ion energy consumption from Bethe's original article (1930)
- Date: Mar 2-4, 2020
- Description: Josh sent a translated/transcribed version of "Theory of the passage of fast corpuscular rays through matter," which has a detailed description of ion energies after ionization
- Josh presented ion energy analysis - GPT simulations of single bunch with fixed parameters. Simulations were made with the ionization as is, with the energy of the ion unchanged, secondary electrons on/off, and with space charge on/off.
- Need to make bunch with long length for DC bwaem
- Need to make higher bunch charge to see the effects of space charge - perhaps a single bunch going through stationary ions
- Removing NEGs makes a big difference in the electric field profile of the CEBAF photogun
- Need to check e-field for 0.1<=z<=0.25m - Cristhian showed that there is a bump in the e-field on axis in that range.
- Perhaps use Maxwellian distribution of ions with 3-4eV. Cristhian will share his C++ routine for creating this Maxwellian distribution.