Difference between revisions of "March 20, 2020 - ME/INJ/CIS"

From Ciswikidb
Jump to: navigation, search
 
(19 intermediate revisions by 4 users not shown)
Line 3: Line 3:
 
Friday 3/20 @ 10am by bluejeans: https://jlab.bluejeans.com/553225778
 
Friday 3/20 @ 10am by bluejeans: https://jlab.bluejeans.com/553225778
  
== Agenda ==
+
== On-Going Jobs ==
 +
; Let's work through our 'jobs' and see what work can be done at home, what cannot
  
; How to move forward?
+
; Today's work plan file [[media:200320_AIPINJ_Workplan.xlsx]]
* let's work through our 'jobs' and see what work can be done at home, what cannot
+
  
 
; ME jobs
 
; ME jobs
 
* what's the capability to work on the layout at home? and to distribute updated of models to look at? or dimensioned beamlines to use?
 
* what's the capability to work on the layout at home? and to distribute updated of models to look at? or dimensioned beamlines to use?
 
* what's the list of ME tasks (design, fabrication, orders)
 
* what's the list of ME tasks (design, fabrication, orders)
 +
 +
; MAG jobs
 +
* PSS kicker
 +
* DS dipole
  
 
;CIS jobs
 
;CIS jobs
* identify source for all components needed
+
* list/identify all components needed
 
* complete purchase reqs
 
* complete purchase reqs
* testing the Wien filter
+
* the Wien filter [https://wiki.jlab.org/ciswiki/index.php/200kV_Wien_filter_-_V3 Wien filter link]
* building up the NEG tube in a few weeks
+
**[[Media:Update from Carlos for AIPINJ meeting March 20 2020.pptx]]
 +
* A1 linear vacuum assembly (motor + encoder or limit switches)
 +
* BPM can assembly
 +
* NEG coating spools/BPM's
  
 
; INJ/CASA jobs
 
; INJ/CASA jobs
 
* help finalize final layout
 
* help finalize final layout
 
* evaluate layout w/ simulations to list operational settings (solenoids, quads, prebuncher), Wien's off and on
 
* evaluate layout w/ simulations to list operational settings (solenoids, quads, prebuncher), Wien's off and on
 
+
** Spreadsheet with quad and solenoid settings for various Wien configurations, from elegant:
== Last week's punchlist ==
+
[[media:magnet_setpoints.ods]]
 +
== Last Meeting's Punchlist ==
  
 
; ME
 
; ME
* Danny - Will Frank Marhauser model the BPM design? => Frank said he checked this
+
* Danny - Will Frank Marhauser model the BPM design? '''=> Frank said he checked this, the BPM is quite similar to previous ones that I have modelled based on given designs'''
* Alicia - Show a Haimson corrector on spool downstream of first solenoid
+
* Alicia - Show a Haimson corrector on spool downstream of first solenoid '''=> done'''
* Joe - Please show UITF style camera assembly on viewer crosses
+
* Joe - Please show UITF style camera assembly on viewer crosses '''=> done'''
* Joe - Do we need a different length spool piece through the two FG solenoids than exists today?
+
* Joe - Do we need a different length spool piece through the two FG solenoids than exists today? =>
* Matt - we probably need a new A1 cube (prior one modified for Brock bunchlength monitor)
+
* Matt - we probably need a new A1 cube (prior one modified for Brock bunchlength monitor) '''=> reqs for new cubes'''
* Alicia - please swap harp w/ valve on last girder before chopper
+
* Alicia - please swap harp w/ valve on last girder before chopper '''=> done'''
* Reza - please put A2 on a cube as well, w/ same type of steering coils
+
* Reza - please put A2 on a cube as well, w/ same type of steering coils '''=> done'''
 +
* Danny - Does A1 full retract? => '''Bottom edge of A1 nominal 0.475" (12mm) out of beam line''' [[media:200320_Aperture1.pdf]]
  
; INJ
+
; INJ/CASA
* Joe - do you need 200 keV beam for any final checkout tests before we take beam line apart?
+
* Joe - do you need 200 keV beam for any final checkout tests before we take beam line apart? =>
* Joe - is the distance from MFG-A to upstream steering coil sufficient?  
+
* Joe - is the distance from MFG-A to upstream steering coil sufficient? =>
* Matt - decide what power you need in different cavities/locations, work w/ RF to determine regulation needed
+
* Matt - decide what power you need in different cavities/locations, work w/ RF to determine regulation needed =>
 +
* Riad - will magnetic field of first coil reach photocathode? will it affect solenoids? => '''Field map: [[media:BH_Haimson_Coils.xlsx]]'''
 +
* Joe - do we have all ion pumps and valves per model? => '''Marcy's first pass, but needs to see model again''' [[media:200320_ion pumps and valves.pptx]]
  
; CIS/CASA
+
; CIS
* Riad - will magnetic field of first coil reach photocathode? will it affect solenoids? => Riad, can you please look into this
+
* Matt - Lubricate the stepper motors '''=> added to summer work plans'''
* Matt - Lubricate the stepper motors => added to summer work plans
+
* Matt - Order spare right angle values '''=> ordered +2 in addition to existing 5 in tunnel'''
* Matt - Order spare right angle values => Done, ordered +2 in addition to existing 5 in tunnel
+
* Matt - Update on Brock pre-buncher delivery plan '''=> parts due to Jlab by early April, (many fab/testing steps, so probably delays)'''
* Matt - Update on Brock pre-buncher delivery plan => parts due to Jlab by early April, (many fab/testing steps, so probably delays)
+
* Joe - What's dependence of spacing FG's closer? => '''Jay ran the models for 4 or 5 spacings'''

Latest revision as of 09:18, 2 April 2020

Meeting Info

Friday 3/20 @ 10am by bluejeans: https://jlab.bluejeans.com/553225778

On-Going Jobs

Let's work through our 'jobs' and see what work can be done at home, what cannot
Today's work plan file media:200320_AIPINJ_Workplan.xlsx
ME jobs
  • what's the capability to work on the layout at home? and to distribute updated of models to look at? or dimensioned beamlines to use?
  • what's the list of ME tasks (design, fabrication, orders)
MAG jobs
  • PSS kicker
  • DS dipole
CIS jobs
INJ/CASA jobs
  • help finalize final layout
  • evaluate layout w/ simulations to list operational settings (solenoids, quads, prebuncher), Wien's off and on
    • Spreadsheet with quad and solenoid settings for various Wien configurations, from elegant:

media:magnet_setpoints.ods

Last Meeting's Punchlist

ME
  • Danny - Will Frank Marhauser model the BPM design? => Frank said he checked this, the BPM is quite similar to previous ones that I have modelled based on given designs
  • Alicia - Show a Haimson corrector on spool downstream of first solenoid => done
  • Joe - Please show UITF style camera assembly on viewer crosses => done
  • Joe - Do we need a different length spool piece through the two FG solenoids than exists today? =>
  • Matt - we probably need a new A1 cube (prior one modified for Brock bunchlength monitor) => reqs for new cubes
  • Alicia - please swap harp w/ valve on last girder before chopper => done
  • Reza - please put A2 on a cube as well, w/ same type of steering coils => done
  • Danny - Does A1 full retract? => Bottom edge of A1 nominal 0.475" (12mm) out of beam line media:200320_Aperture1.pdf
INJ/CASA
  • Joe - do you need 200 keV beam for any final checkout tests before we take beam line apart? =>
  • Joe - is the distance from MFG-A to upstream steering coil sufficient? =>
  • Matt - decide what power you need in different cavities/locations, work w/ RF to determine regulation needed =>
  • Riad - will magnetic field of first coil reach photocathode? will it affect solenoids? => Field map: media:BH_Haimson_Coils.xlsx
  • Joe - do we have all ion pumps and valves per model? => Marcy's first pass, but needs to see model again media:200320_ion pumps and valves.pptx
CIS
  • Matt - Lubricate the stepper motors => added to summer work plans
  • Matt - Order spare right angle values => ordered +2 in addition to existing 5 in tunnel
  • Matt - Update on Brock pre-buncher delivery plan => parts due to Jlab by early April, (many fab/testing steps, so probably delays)
  • Joe - What's dependence of spacing FG's closer? => Jay ran the models for 4 or 5 spacings