Difference between revisions of "Oct 4, 2021 - Tune Mode Generator"
Latest revision as of 12:54, 4 October 2021
Monday 10/4 @ 9am.
We'll be in TL-2236 and/or join by bluejeans: https://bluejeans.com/7572697097
- Scott's TMG history : media:211004 - Quick TMG History.docx
- Scott's update macropulse chassis page : https://wiki.jlab.org/ciswiki/index.php/SCAM_macropulse_controller_used_at_CEBAF_GTS_and_UITF
- John's TMG schematics page : https://wiki.jlab.org/ciswiki/index.php/Tune_Mode_generators
- John's system components directory : media:211004_JohnComponents.xlsx
Follow-up from meeting today
- John's thoughts : media:211004_TMG thoughts.docx
- At ISB => add tee on C macropulse TTL output to high-impedance input network scope to MCC for Ops => to log image when problem occurs
- At laser room + ISB => Patch power meter head by spare cable to ISB scope => to observe fast transitions of laser power when problem occurs?
- At laser room => Compare wiring of Hall C RTP HV cable, are polarity leads reversed or different than others => to look for ground issue
- At laser room => Observe fast 20ns fast transition and hold ~100 msec when going from CW to beam sync => to test HV driver
- At laser room => Leave C in CW for extended period of time, than test TM/VL modes and the fast 20ns transition => test if a HV driver chip heating issue
- At laser room + ISB => Configure C shutter to provide a read back of open/closed status to ISB => tests if the shutter is open/close remotely
- At Test lab => Setup TMG taken from tunnel w/ same experience, test output into 1000:1 divider
- At ISB => Swap SCAM module in the ISB => change in behavior, also monitor macropulse output
- At laser room => Swap RTP cell => use spare or UITF cell => tests if we have an intermittent issue with RTP cell, maybe happens when RTP is OFF (i.e. CW) extended period