PQB Meeting April 30, 2015
Revision as of 11:38, 7 July 2015 by Suleiman
We will meet in TL 2236 Thursday April 30 at 1:00 pm EST.
For those calling in we'll use the Blue Jeans  audio conference system.
Phone number: 1-888-240-2560 Meeting ID: 3528502673# Meeting URL: http://bluejeans.com/3528502673
- Roger Carlini: Hall A Beamline Modifications: media:PQB_HallATasks.txt
- Yves Roblin: Synchrotron radiation and CEBAF Beam at 11 GeV
Notes from this meeting:
- Due to conflict with QWeak Collaboration meeting on Thursday May 28, our next meeting will be on Thursday June 4, 2015.
- Roger, Kent and Mark Pitt will present a complete list of changes to Hall Beamline at our next meeting.
- Additions to Roger's list:
- Revive Hall A parity DAQ
- Revive Injector parity DAQ and add additional ADCs for laser QPD and one BPM
- Re-install helicity magnets at injector beamline - Yves will help identify locations to cover phase space
- Injector Aperture currents to parity DAQ:
- First, a beam test where the currents are sent directly to parity DAQ
- If needed, come up with a conceptual design on how to share the currents between accelerator picoammeters and parity DAQ
- Synchrotron Radiation discussion:
- Yves will implement an ELEGANT model to calculate spin precision with synchrotron radiation included
- Depolarization due to spin-flip synchrotron radiation (Sokolov–Ternov effect) is very small
- Does emittance growth depend on helicity?
- Does energy spread (or tail) depend on helicity?
- A Spin-Light Polarimeter for Multi-GeV Longitudinally Polarized Electron Beams.