PQB Meeting January 21, 2016
Revision as of 14:38, 25 January 2016 by Suleiman
We will meet in TL 2236 Thursday January 21 at 1:00 pm EST.
For those calling in we'll use the Blue Jeans  audio conference system.
Phone number: 1-888-240-2560 Meeting ID: 3528502673# Meeting URL: http://bluejeans.com/3528502673
- Results from December 2015 Hall A beam test (Kent Paschke): media:160121_FallBeamTests.pdf
- Spring 2016 Beam Schedule:
- Accelerator Restoration: January 28 – February 04
- Hall A – 11 GeV, 50 µA polarized beam: February 04 – April 14
Notes from this meeting:
- Problem with few BPMs signals observed in December 2015 with CW beam around 30 µA was traced to bad RF modules giving abnormal signals during High to Low Gain transition (Thanks Pete Francis). The EPICS position readout went also bad, not just the S/H card signals. The faulty RF modules are being replaced (IPM1C12 already completed). Pete Francis will examine the bad modules to find out what went wrong.
- During Spring run, there will be dedicated accelerator time for RF recovery with no beam in the accelerator (one shift per week). However, the injector will be available for beam tests; good time for PQB studies in injector.