Phase2 ME meeting minutes 4 14 2021
Revision as of 11:49, 14 April 2021 by Poelker
phase2 ME design meeting minutes 4_14_2021
Danny, Shaun, Gary, Grames, Marcy, Poelker, Reza, Alicia
Gary presented a "vacuum tight" layout, nice
- wider girder, based on phase1 experience, although there won't be as many pumps hanging from side
- that said, we want ion pump connected to side of dif pump can, rather than below (less chance of ion pump growing a whisker when mounted to side. This is a busy region, need to visit tunnel to make sure the side-mounted ion pump won't interfere with anything
- green solenoid downstream of chopper2 cavity:
- water lines oriented other way?
- get with Neil and feel confident the old solenoid can be removed (I assume we cut off 2.75" flange, slide solenoid off)
- Danny points out, we can't have flanges inside bore of green solenoid, imagine a custom nipple with bellows, welded to chopper cavity pipe...
- green solenoids include option to water-cool but we won't need cooling for 200 keV beam
- replace ion pumps on today's model with those used for phase1, 25 L/s pumps with pump out port
- Mount pumps "beam right"
- Decide YAG vs Chromox view screens
- make three more antenna style BPMs
- Bellows after chopper 2, yes it's there (good) but need to get rid of flanges inside the green solenoid
- Visit tunnel, buncher, does it have flanges? getting the connection correct at upstream cross
- flange mounted NEGs on first viewer cross, on harp cross, and on third viewer cross
- buncher, we want an alignment support fixture
- viewer 2, too close for an emittance measurement? Joe will check...
- add an all metal valve upstream of dif. pump can
- FCup1 should come up from below, duplicate the arrangement of PCup from phase1
- need alignment fixture for dipole
- to save space (?) the harp cross could also include a viewer...
- harps resolve spots down to 20um, YAGs resolve down to 100um
- add a BPM on spectrometer line
- wherever there's a haimson steering magnet set, there should be an antenna BPM (straight ahead line)
- order more haimsons
- Matt get with Neil re: cutting off MFA solenoid
- Gary send out drawing so others can scrutinize
- Gary and Alicia, z-distances for three solenoids, buncher and A3 and A4