To-Do List For Thesis
A list of what exactly needs to get done before writing thesis paper, what is required for each item, the estimated completion time, and possible complications that might prolong its completion. This should help prioritize the work and ensure it gets done in a timely manner.
- Benchmarking SEDCS Routine
- Description: The secondary electron differential cross section (SEDCS) routine has been shown to produce secondary electrons with the "correct looking" energy distribution - i.e. they should follow the theoretical SEDCS curve. However, in order to ensure that it is indeed working correctly, it needs to be benchmarked against a theoretical test case. That is, histograms from a GPT simulation and a theoretical simulation using the same number of test cases can be compared.
- Estimated Completion Time: 1-3 days
- Possible Complications: Need good program to produce histograms...Excel and Gnuplot aren't good programs for producing histogram comparison plots. Maybe can use Mathematica or SDDS program?
- Secondary Yield Custom Element
- Description: A custom element needs to be built to simulate secondary electrons ejected from the surfaces of the photocathode, anode, and beamline. Given theoretical equations (or at least empirical estimates) for the probability of ejecting a secondary electron from a surface, it should be straightforward to write a GPT custom element based on a similar built-in custom element.