Revision as of 11:13, 22 September 2021 by Michaelm
To-do list (Things that are broken at UITF, or could be improved upon...)
- Add sufficient concrete shielding to raise deliverable current; validate with RCG Breakpoint measurements. (In progress with FML)
- Update the Operational Restrictions page to reflect new RadCon shielding assessment.
- I am uncomfortable with the amount of lead stacked on the keV dump structure (If Cameron has a bit of time available, an 80/20 table maybe?)
- Procure more UHV supplies (another set of them)
- Boards that convert electrical to fiber and vice versa
- Work table upstairs
- Label all elements with label maker in cave.
- Hilty Gas bottle rack
- Generic Experimental Templates for submission
- Continual quick reference updates
- BPMs don’t report the same orbit in tune mode and CW & BPMs report beam when there is no beam: Too much 1497 MHz rf inside the enclosure? Can the stripline BPMs look for a harmonic of 1497 MHz? Were strip lines / DR receivers right choice vs older SEE antenna-style bpms? (Musson studying behavior; RF shielding put into place upstairs)
- BCM outputs (we have cavities, need receivers) (IC/Keith working on this now...)
- Viewers were not always installed at useful Z locations, i.e., betatron phase advance. What is a useful location? At a beam waist. “Viewers at nodes, BPMs at anti-nodes” (Need Model or Beta functions, which means model work need to happen first to validate...)
- Cameras that can be line-synced, then we could use them to look for 60 Hz motion.
- Ready for I-to-Vs
- Need a beam loss accounting system; MPS BCM cavity or PSS BCM but this is a much bigger project (can’t we just buy a system that Trent designed/built for SLAC, or duplicate it?)
- A3 should be closer to booster in order to protect the booster and define the launch
- Laser power is very small. OK for bulk GaAs and keV Mott, but not enough for a program with superlattice photocathodes
- Move the laser under the table inside the enclosure? Eliminate the fiber... work with SSG needed to maintain all the PSS hooks.
- Laser power drift (temp cycle of the room AC?), but the current lock can deal with this, so not actually a problem when beam arrives at a cup or dump. Maybe a problem for Wastewater Treatment
- Install an insertable halfwave plate to flip the sign of the polarization
- Photogun and keV beamline:
- Align the rest of the beamline
Fix the chopper slit (Kurt Lesker says we just need a 50:1 gear box, I’ve ordered it)STAC5 controller issue; S. Windham ordered new - A5 aperture controls on it at present.
- setup the chopper phases, use the chopper
- Add load lock to depo chamber (I have cross and manipulator)
- Add Mott polarimeter on keV line
- A3 is in the wrong place, at least in terms of protecting the booster
- Install vertical Wien
- BNC spigots for triggers: pockel cell and gun mode
- The optics modeling program should tell us beam size and aspect ratio at each viewer, so we have something to work towards, quickly, empirically
- Electron beam optics not presently good, there is beta mismatch across the booster
- Institutionalize use of qsutility to set quads (In progress)
- Yao cavity damaged during one of the bake outs? Check in-situ
- Buncher heater control is primitive: local heater with feedback. There is epics temperature readback, but no epics interface to the heater control.
- Wouldn’t it be easier to use a 200 W solid state amp to drive the 2-cell? Forward power today is only 40 W, the 2-cell is not meant to be driven hard.
- Microphonics diagnostics should be available when running beam, so that when problems are encountered, we can see immediately if there’s a correlation with microphonic vibrations. At the moment, we can only assess microphonics from inside the cave, when the beam is OFF
- Do the piezo tuners do anything? Why not?
- LLRF distribution map (frequencies etc.)
- Consolidate the locations of steering magnets? Put them where they need to be
- Need a supply of large haimson steering magnets on the shelf (five sets should arrive soon)
- Polarity of magnets not all correct, and some H/V labels are incorrect
- MAC Access for Training purposes, so global doesn't have to be opened. (Requested from Bevins)
- Some epics screens were hastily prepared, copied from CEBAF. Epics screens should be improved, streamlined
- More Robust Rapid Access system?
- Need a professional rapid access beacon/system at entry way to the enclosure
- Closed circuit cameras inside the enclosure
- SSI screens for existing installation
- We need a map of our network connections, what is the network layout now at UITF? Do all network connections go through the rack behind the laser room/control room. Are they all owned by Accelerator Division. I think we have a combination of IT and Accel network routers
- Where are all the pc104s and how do we reset them?
- Table top printer for control room
Replace central big screen monitor in control room (Property tag F1-8291)(Done; excess bad monitor?)
- Replace left monitor on ITFL03 work station... aperiodic line of dead pixels down middle of screen. Maybe a digitizer issue.
- MCC Style Wall monitors
- Power Strip, power supply cable, and 2 monitors for control room