Difference between revisions of "UITF Meeting - October 21, 2019"
Latest revision as of 07:45, 21 October 2019
UITF: commission the waist-height beam line November, 2019, ERR for HDIce, beam through empty target by…..and then 3 more runs before May 2020. To-do tasks include:
- Move from Construction to Commissioning to Operations
- Pre-ops checklist, Beam Authorization tool, Operational Restrictions web page, HCO tool, UED complete, MPS with three zones, Commissioning Plan
- Dress ion pump cables, cut to length?
- Yao bunchlength electronics
- SSA local on/off
- Buncher on resonance at ~ 100 W rf drive power, need to heat the buncher….
- Characterize the buncher (Yan)
- Test the Brock polarimeter
- Move Pockel cell potentiometers upstairs so we can adjust polarization remotely (ask Keith for help, pull chassis and give to him, write to John?)
- Build a chamber to install new photocathodes, pseudo-suitcase
- Build and operate a little SF6 tank with conditioning resistor, so we avoid pumping out the HV tank
- Some permanent means to leave the roof from the north side
- Float beam through QCM, calibrate the BCM (beam small enough for this?)
- UED, validate it, BLMs added to UED with correct names
- Steering magnets for HDIce line, 3” pipe or switch to 2.5” pipe and use haimsons. Have the machine shop make us steering magnets, or local company
- Another PSS rack for the PSS BCM stuff (add channel to elevate the rack)
- MPS: implement the zoned approach, need the “good” valve chassis
- Valve chassis for MeV beamline, the global solution that permits three zones for MPS
- Will our valve actuators always look kluged up?
- Harps, do they work?
- MeV elevated beamline BPMs, installed but do they work?
- MeV viewers and video signals
- Water flow through dumps and cups
- Raster magnets and electronics, functional
- pA BPMs, purchase in-line fiber modulator (Shukui)
- Need a signal generator for this, with line to modulator and line to the rack of lockin-amplifiers as reference
- How will we use the lockin amplifier signal to trip OFF beam! Need epics control
- Go-No Go detector for HDIce, near apertures, add these as fsd nodes, ion chamber? We can use Decarad but won’t be formal FSD (no 5 MHz signal)
- Need fiber cables run to HDIce for polarization helicity info
- Summarize MPS/FSDs, install them, test them
- Gun high voltage
- Dipole magnet at 15 degree bend
- Vertical chicane dipole (or is this PSS?)
- Go-No Go sensor near HDIce, at one or both apertures
- Vacuum interlock to valves
- Vacuum interlock to chopper rf power, buncher power?
- BLMs, need to put them on beamline
- QCM liquid level
- Water flow to buncher, chopper cavities
- How does SSG want to interlock the vertical chicane dipole to PSS? What will it do?
- Rack for PSS BCM electronics
- Clean up the caves and roof top, buy a vacuum cleaner
- Labels applied to everything?
- Replumb the GN2 manifolds
- Add lead to the dumps, waiting for the iron boxes
HDIce task list
- Fibers for helicity info to HDIce
- Install the fiber modulator, 1 MHz, with BNC cable or fiber cable to the rack of lockin amplifiers
- How will lock in signals trip OFF beam?
- Replace 3” pipe with 2.5” pipe, so we can add haimsons to beamline, magnets we have on hand? Or have magnets made
- Build the apertures, with motorized bellows actuators like the chopper master slit, use Decarad to detect beam loss and incorporate this as fsd
- Add NEG dif pump can with ion pump with pump out port to the beamline between last valve and HDIce
- pA BPMs, modulate current at kHz frequency with tune mode generator, make another flange mount? Or maybe we purchased two already, software for lockin amplifiers
- Solenoid plus dump: finish design and build it (big job)