Revision as of 14:43, 1 July 2021 by Chgarcia (Created page with "* Remove WP-1250 NEG cartridges * Remove posts for woven metal screen and replace with something suitable for high vacuum * Add (tack weld?) fixtures to the vacuum chamber fo...")
- Remove WP-1250 NEG cartridges
- Remove posts for woven metal screen and replace with something suitable for high vacuum
- Add (tack weld?) fixtures to the vacuum chamber for S&A tooling
- Send vacuum chamber to S&A for fiducial (locate top flange, and anode flange with repost to chamber z-axis.
- Clean vacuum chamber (wipe off with iso-propanol, removed foreign objects, etc)
- Consider replacing the WP-1250 NEG cartridges with modern UHV 1400 NEG wafer modules (~12 week delivery)
- If using UHV 1400 NEG wafer modules, no screen is necessary
- Marcy to calculate how many UHV 1400 NEG wafer modules are needed, based on this, we'll develop a scheme to mount them. No need for a shield screen if e go with this modern NEG wafer modules. Need to figure out how to win them inside the vacuum chamber, and likely built a new power supply.
- If the old WP-1250 modules stay:
- Bubba to finish new woven metal screen
- Devise a better method to hold the screen in place
- Devise a reliable method to prevent electrical short in the NEG cartridges electrical connections for full activation with current
- Re-install extractor gauge