Wastewater Experiment Commissioning Plan
Revision as of 14:41, 28 July 2021 by Michaelm
'Gun Test Stand Mode:'
- HV commissioning and processing of the gun
- Determination of Operating Voltage for a low FE or FE free regime
keV mode: (VBVM101 locked in)
- Insert Faraday cups 1 & 2.
- Systematically insert all of the Viewers in the keV region. Verify they all insert, retract, and are focused and the the lights work. File PR if problem arises.
- Open and close each valve and makes sure it hits its limit switch on both sides. Leave all valves opened when completed. File PR if problem arises.
- Turn on gun to operating voltage.
- Insert ITVK201
- MBHK101H & V, MBHK102H & V, and MFHK101 were all disconnected this down
- Verify the MBHK101H & V correctors kick in the appropriate dimension and with the appropriate sign. File PR if problem arises.
- Verify the MBHK102H & V correctors kick in the appropriate dimension and with the appropriate sign. File PR if problem arises.
- Use MFHK101 to determine the magnetic field which approximately focus beam on the viewer; use correctors as necessary to keep beam on the viewer.
- Using the ditherer, dither the solenoid by 10% and use the K101 corrector pair to center beam in the solenoid (i.e. where there is no horizontal/vertical displacement as the field changes)
- Use the K102 corrector pair to center beam on the viewer.
- Continue to set up keV beam to FC#1 per normal operating procedure.
- Execute UITFList #### with Scott Windham and Weiwei Lu to map the Chopper Slit Encoder (Encoder motor was changed over the down)
- Once mapped, withdraw the chopper slit (it will not be used for this experiment)
- Continue beam setup to FC#2 per procedure
- Establish beam to the keV spectrometer
- Take a harp scan
- Calculate the beam energy based on the field and check that this matches what the gun voltage reports
- Perform an emittance measurement using the K501 wire scanner
- Perform an emittance measurement using the K501 viewer
- Calculate beam emittance and twiss parameters per procedure and match beam to MFQK403