Weekly phone call - Apr 10, 2020
We will meet Friday @ 1pm EDT via BlueJeans Meeting ID: 383664133# Moderator Passcode: 2864 Meeting URL (for video and/or audio call in): http://bluejeans.com/383664133 Phone number (for audio call in): 1-888-240-2560
- GPT Space Charge Benchmarking: media:Space_Charge_Benchmarking_Derivation.pdf
- Managing data for IBSimu, GPT, Molflow...
I'm analyzing a photocathode lifetime experiment we did at CEBAF in 2017 during a SAD. It was about 30-40 individual runs over 3 months, i.e. not just a couple cases. We used the beamline from gun to fc#1 IFY0I07. For each run we did a BURT save of settings, and Daniel Moser used the archiver and Root to develop very nice database file in excel with those settings and other readings not in BURT. Three different groups are using codes GPT, IBSimu, Molflow to model and simulate aspects of the experiment. I am helping "coordinate" the experimental settings in a useful way. From a practical point of view, I was thinking I might do something like this, but maybe you can imagine a more efficient way....
- Start with an elegant model of CEBAF from gun to fc#1. I have an older one, maybe there is a better one (hint, hint Dennis!)
- I would add diagnostics elements (radiation monitors and vacuum gauges) at appropriate positions.
- I would use elegant mainly to generate a machine layout (sequence of elements, position) and nominal values
- I would write a script that goes through that layout and finds the corresponding value from excel database, adds it
- So finally I have 3 col text file "name", "position (s/meter), value (e.g. magnet setpoint or vacuum readback)
- Then various colleagues would have a description of each run, they might incorporate as needed into their program.
- Simulation results area
- SharePoint link for GPT-IBSimu OneDrive folder -- Requires JLab username and password