Run Group A
If calling local numbers (with area code prefix 757) from the counting room dial 9+[last 7 digits]. To call other area codes dial 91+[10 digit number]
In case of a problem with superconducting magnets call Engineering on-call first, particularly if it is related to cryo.
CLAS12 Run Group A, Spring 2018
Beam energy 10.6 GeV (5 pass)
Important: Document all your work in the logbook!
Remember to fill in the run list at the beginning and end of each run (email@example.com can fill the run list)
RC: Stepan Stepanyan
- (757) 575-7540
- 9 575 7540 from Counting Room
PDL: Eugene Pasyuk
- (757) 876-1789
- 9 876-1789 from Counting Room
- Note 1: Be very mindful of the background rates in the halo counters, rates in the detectors, and currents in the SVT for all settings to ensure that they are at safe levels.
The UPSTREAM rate jhas to be in the range 0-15 and MIDSTREAM has to be in the rage 10-20 @45 nA. Count rates in the range of tens or more may indicate bad beam tune or bleed-through from other Halls.
- Note 2: At the end of each run, follow the DAQ restart sequence
"end run", "cancel", "reset", "Configure", "download", "prestart", "iocjscalerRestartAll.sh", "go".
After DAQ prestart is complete reboot the scaler IOCs with the command: iocjscalerRestartAll.sh.
Note: After each step, make sure it is complete in the Run Control message window. If a roc has crashed, find which one it is and issue a roc_reboot command and try again. Contact the DAQ expert if there are any questions.
- Note 3: Nominal beam positions: 2C24A (X=0.5,Y=0.5) , 2H01 (X=1.0 mm, Y=-1.5 mm) see log entry https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3560786.
- Note 5: In case of the Torus and/or Solenoid Fast Dump do the following:
- Notify MCC, request beam OFF and drop Hall status to Power Permit
- Call Engineering on-call
- Make separate log entry with copies to HBTORUS and HBSOLENOID logbooks. In the "Notify" filed add Ruben Fair, Probir Goshal, Dave Kashy and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Notify Run Coordinator
- Call the MM expert to turn the detector off
- Call SVT expert to turn SVT off
- Turn off all the other detectors
- Note 6:
- When beam is being delivered to the Faraday Cup the Fast Shut Down: Upstream, Midstream, Downstream, BOM and Solenoid should be always Unmasked
- No changes to the FSD threshold without RC or beamline expert approval
- Do not turn on or off SVT - only SVT expert can do that
- Any request for special run change of configuration has to be approved by RC & documented
- Check carefully BTA every hour and run script btaGet.py. It will print for you what HAS TO BE in BTA for this hour. Edit BTA if it is incorrect
Run Plan for April 17-18
In case of other questions or uncertainties of what to do, please call the RC
Log screenshots of: