Run Group A
If calling local numbers (with area code prefix 757) from the counting room dial 9+[last 7 digits]. To call other area codes dial 91+[10 digit number]
CLAS12 Run Group A, Fall 2018
Beam energy 10.6 GeV (5 pass)
Important: Document all your work in the logbook!
Remember to fill in the run list at the beginning and end of each run
RC: Latifa Elouadrhiri
- (757) 575-7540
- 9 575 7540 from Counting Room
PDL: Eugene Pasyuk
- (757) 876-1789
- 9 876-1789 from Counting Room
- Note 1: Be very mindful of the background rates in the halo counters, rates in the detectors, and currents in the SVT for all settings to ensure that they are at safe levels.
The integrated rates on the upstream counters have to be in the range 0-15 Hz (rates up 100 Hz are acceptable) and the rates on the midstream counters have to be in the range 10-20 Hz (acceptable up to 50 Hz) @50 nA. Counting rates in the range of hundreds of Hz may indicate bad beam tune or bleed-through from other Halls.
- Note 2: At the end of each run, follow the standard DAQ restart sequence
"end run", "cancel", "reset", then if the run ended correctly, "download", "prestart", "iocjscalerRestartAll.sh", "go". If the run did not end correctly or if any ROCs had to be rebooted, "configure", "download", "prestart", "iocjscalerRestartAll.sh", "go".
After each step, make sure it is complete in the Run Control message window. If a ROC has crashed, find which one it is and issue a roc_reboot command and try again. Contact the DAQ expert if there are any questions.
- Note 3: Nominal beam positions: 2C24A (X=0.4 mm, Y=0.4 mm) , 2H01 (X=.5 mm, Y=.2mm)
- Note 4: Do not turn OFF FTOF HVs, even during the beam tune with CW beam (turn off if tuned/pulsed beam in the upstream beamline)
- Note 5: In case of a Torus and/or Solenoid Fast Dump do the following:
- Notify MCC to request beam OFF and to drop Hall B status to Power Permit
- Call Engineering on-call
- Make separate log entry with copies to HBTORUS and HBSOLENOID logbooks. In the "Notify" field add Ruben Fair, Probir Goshal, Dave Kashy and email@example.com
- Notify Run Coordinator
- Turn off all detectors
- Note 6: When beam is being delivered to the Faraday Cup:
- the Fast Shut Down elements: Upstream, Midstream, Downstream, BOM, and Solenoid should always be in the state UNMASKED
- No changes to the FSD threshold should be made without RC or beamline expert approval
- Note 7: Do not turn on the SVT or MM - only the SVT or MM expert can do that
- Note 8: Any request for a special run or change of configuration has to be approved by the RC & documented
- Note 9: Carefully check the BTA every hour and run the script btaGet.py to print for you what HAS TO BE in BTA for this hour. Edit BTA if it is incorrect.
- Note 10: Reset CLAS12MON frequently to avoid histogram saturation.
(Updated: Sep. 30 2018 at 7:00 a.m.)
Shift Worker Notes:
In case of other questions or uncertainties of what to do, call the RC
Log screenshots of: