Run Group B
Beam Time Accounting
- Note, all non-JLab numbers must be dialed with an area code. When calling from a counting-house landline, dial "9" first.
- To call JLab phones from outside the lab, all 4-digit numbers must be preceded by 757-269
- Click Here to edit Phone Numbers. Note, you then also have to edit the current page to force a refresh.
Click Here to edit Phone Numbers. Note, you then also have to edit this page to force a refresh.
CLAS12 Run Group B, December 2019 - January 2020
Beam energy ~10.4 GeV (5 pass)
Important: Document all your work in the logbook!
RC: Daria Sokhan
- (757) 575-7540
- 9 575 7540 from Counting Room
PDL: Maurizio Ungaro
- (757) 876-1789
- 9 876-1789 from Counting Room
Run Plan: December 6 - 7
Take production data! Runs of 100 M events (~2h each if good beam).
DAQ config: PROD67 (for runs written to tape and deleted from disk), PROD67_PIN (for runs which need to be kept on disk for immediate access)
Trigger file: rgb_outbending_v12_1.trg
Nominal current: 40 nA
Compare the monitoring histograms from clas12mon to the reference and troubleshoot as needed.
When stopping a run, enter the requested current in the pop-up window and put relevant comments -- please label junk runs. Please also keep a record of run numbers and their conditions in the shift summary.
Keep an eye on SVT current strip chart for B_SVT_HV_R3T (second from bottom, green): it should not rise too much (see logbook entry ). If SVT trips, follow SVT reset procedures. If it does so frequently, call SVT expert (Yuri Gotra).
References and Standards:
(last update 12/4/2019- 17:00)
Nominal Beam Positions
Reference Harp Scans for Beam on Faraday Cup: 2C21 , 2C24 , 2H01 
Reference Monitoring Histograms (40 nA, production trigger) 
Beamline vacuum: should be not higher than 5e-5.
Notes / Troubleshooting :
FTOF HVs: The goal is to minimize the number of power cycles of the dividers.
- OFF during: initial beam tuning to the Faraday Cup after CLAS12 has been off for a long shutdown, during a Moller run, harp scans, or if there is tuned/pulsed beam in the upstream beamline.
- ON after an initial beam tune has been established and if there are only minor steering adjustments and “tweaks” being made.
- If in doubt, call FTOF expert
Torus and/or Solenoid Fast Dump
- Notify MCC to request beam OFF and to drop Hall B status to Power Permit
- Call Engineering on-call
- Make separate log entry with copies to HBTORUS and HBSOLENOID logbooks. In the "Notify" field add Ruben Fair, Probir Goshal, Dave Kashy and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Notify Run Coordinator
- Turn off all detectors
Beam to the Faraday Cup: Fast Shut Down elements
- Upstream, Midstream, Downstream, BOM, and Solenoid FSD elements should always be in the state UNMASKED
- No changes to the FSD threshold should be made without RC or beamline expert approval
Turning MVT off: do not press "All HV OFF". Instead go to 'Restore settings' from the MVT overview screen:
- SafeMode.snp for beam tuning and Moeller runs
- MV_HV_FullField.snp for full solenoid field
- MV_HV_MidField.snp wgeb solenoid < 4T
CND CAMAC crate switch on / reboot:
If CAMAC crate (camac1) holding CND CFD boards is switched off for any reason, always reset the associated CND CFD thresholds by typing, from any clon machine terminal:
$CODA/src/rol/Linux_x86_64/bin/cnd_cfd_thresh -w 0
If this command is failing and the crate is not responding, reboot it as follows: roc_reboot camac1
Solutions for common SVT issues: see 
RICH recovery procedures: 
To be followed in case of:
- DAQ crash: rich4 is not responding or
- RICH alarms (LV,missing tile, temperature, etc).
If it does not work or you are uncertain about what to do, contact the RICH expert on call. Please note that missing tiles typically occur due to lost communication. Keep in mind that the recovery procedure will kill DAQ. If DAQ is running for purpose other than data taking (for which the RICH acceptance is important) do not initiate the recovery procedure. The most critical parameter for the RICH is the temperature of the photosensors. If the temperature rises above limits, an interlock will automatically turn the RICH HV and LV off. If this happens, notify the expert on call and keep taking data without RICH.
Observed asymmetry in FTCal ADC Scalers
When running at low current (<10 nA), FTC asymmetries can be affected by hot channels. If large asymmetries are detected in those conditions, cross check with other detectors (BOM rates, DC occupancies) before taking further action.
Epics on the web
Runs and Coooking Info
December 2019 - January 2020 Run
Winter 2019 Run