Run Group C
- Shift Documentation
- Phone Numbers
- Short Term Schedule
- Shift Expert
- Remote Worker Shift
- Useful Links
In case of a problem with superconducting magnets call Engineering on-call first, particularly if it is related to cryo.
Click Here to edit Phone Numbers. Note, you then also have to edit the current page to force a refresh.
CLAS12 Run Group C, Summer 2022
Daily RC Meetings at X:00: https://zozoom.asdf
RC: Sebastian Kuhn
- (757) 575-7540 or
- (757) 639-6640
PDL: Eugene Pasyuk
- (757) 876-1789
Run Plan: June 2022
Production runs use PROD67_noVTPread and the trigger rgm_6GeV_inb_v1_0.trg
Run duration 100M events or 4 hours, whichever comes first.
- run 6GeV 80 nA on Ca48 target (240 mg/cm2), beam blocker IN, until SAD
- low luminosity runs:(ca 3pm - 9pm on Feb 7)
- 2 hrs 5nA
- 2 hrs 10 nA
- 2 hrs 40 nA
- the run on Ca48 until 6am, Feb 8
- 6am Feb 8: Investigate BLA tune beam trips with tune beam to Hall B, https://devweb.acc.jlab.org/CSUEApps/atlis/task/24015
- RC will be there at 6 am and follow Eugene's instruction
- put the blank collimator in
- turn HV off for all tracking detectors, just in case if the tagger magnet trips during the test
- MCC may mask upstream halo FSD if necessary but keep all other FSD unmasked
- Configuration PROD67_noVTPread, trigger file rgm_6GeV_inb_v1_0.trg
- NOTE: UNLESS a RICH problem crashes the DAQ, do NOT interrupt an otherwise smooth run to do a RICH recovery - instead do this in between runs.
- NOTE: BOTH the shift expert AND the shift worker MUST check monitoring histograms at least once every 30-60 minutes to make sure there are no major detector problems.
- At the end of each run, follow the STANDARD DAQ RESTART SEQUENCE:
- "end run", if the run ended correctly then: "prestart", "go"
- if the run did not end correctly or if any ROCs had to be rebooted:
- "cancel", "reset"
- "configure", "download", "prestart", "go"
- After each step, make sure it is completed in the Run Control message window. If a ROC has crashed, find which one it is, issue a roc_reboot command ON JUST THAT ROC and try again. Contact the DAQ expert if there are any questions.
References and Standards
Nominal Beam Positions
- 2H01, X: -0.6 mm, Y: 0.8 mm
- 2C24, X: -2.0 mm, Y: +0.6 mm
- Upstream: 2000 Hz
- Midstream: 2000 Hz
- Downstream: 500000 Hz
- BOM: 10000
- 5 ms dwell time
Reference Harp Scans for Beam on Faraday Cup 2H01 
Reference Monitoring Histograms
- Upstream counters integrated rates: 0-15 Hz (acceptable up to 100 Hz are acceptable) @50 nA.
- Midstream counters: 10-20 Hz (acceptable up to 50 Hz) @50 nA.
- Counting rates of ~ hundreds of Hz may indicate bad beam tune or bleed-through from other Halls.
NOTE: BOTH the shift expert AND the shift worker MUST check monitoring histograms at least once every 30 - 60 minutes to make sure there are no major detector problems.
(remote) shift worker: see dedicated Remote Shifts tab above.
Epics on the web
Live Monitoring Links