Overview of Configurations (June 2021)
- Location: IP6, IP8
- Configuration: 1.5T (ECCE), 2.0T (CORE), 3T (ATHENA)
- Location of EEEMCAL: inside or outside DIRC
- Detector maintenance will be done outside the hall using the mechanism illustrated in these videos:
- How many parts of the detector?
- One part EEEMCal (Athena and ECCE)
- Must we take out the detector?
- All major maintenance will be performed outside the hall
- Where will the detector be mounted?
- On the universal ("DIRC") frame for both Athena and ECCE
- What is keeping the crystals/glass blocks in place?
- Carbon structure between crystals (individual or matrix) - need to know what minimum thickness is required mechanically.
- Where is the detector located?
- Inside DIRC for both Athena and ECCE
- Detector location in z: z=195cm (Athena), z=190cm (ECCE)
- Detector dimensions:
- Athena: Rmin=15cm, Rmax=100cm
- ECCE: Rmin=11cm, Rmax=57cm (support radius=61cm)
- Need to have as much active area (crystal/glass) as possible to minimize gaps in physics coverage
- Prefer a cooling solution from back and "inside" to minimize any structure outside the crystal/glass block outer radius