Difference between revisions of "General Meeting Summary 10/3/19"
(Created page with "MAGNET (Bogdan) * TOSP ready, temperature sensors installed * First magnet test (post meeting update): ::* The magnet test was performed with current up to 200 A (20% of nom...")
Revision as of 12:09, 4 October 2019
- TOSP ready, temperature sensors installed
- First magnet test (post meeting update):
- The magnet test was performed with current up to 200 A (20% of nominal). The field was found within 2% of expected.
- Next step will be with 250 A and full spec: 5 Gauss boundary.
- After that ODU will schedule to do mapping.
- Follow-up on previous meeting action items ongoing, updates at next meeting
- V. Popov produced new optimized base - will be tested in Hall D
FRAME AND SIMULATIONS
- Background sources track-down ongoing, anticipate to show results at next meeting
- Frame construction is proceeding well and on schedule
- receiving parts
- final box design complete - in discussion with Paulo to make sure that everything fits in the hall, e.g. with beam pipe and magnets
- Discussion about availability of people for NPS assembly
- Timeline: starting in or after September - decide on final schedule in January 2020
- Tasks: anticipate 2-3 months work for 2-3 people - IPNO engineers will provide training at start of assembly
- Current count: ~350 Crytur crystals received and inspected (no rejections, one crystal sent back for repolishing)
- Next orders: expect +300 (+64) Crytur crystals (~500 SICCAS for FCAL)
- Check on additional Crytur order (~200) in next calendar year to offset ~145 currently in Hall D
- Action items:
- Make list of Crytur and SICCAS crystal orders (when ordered, when received, when inspected)
- Make list of crystal properties
- Please send comments - idea is to submit for publication before end of the year
NPS COLLABORATION MEETING 2020 - MONDAY 3 FEBRUARY, 2020
- Plan for week of February 2, 2020, adjacent to Hall A Winter Meeting
NEXT MEETING: THURSDAY 31 OCTOBER AT 9:00AM (ET)