General Meeting Summary 11/21/19
Revision as of 16:22, 22 November 2019 by Hornt (Created page with "NPS COLLABORATION MEETING AGENDA * Add item: assembly plan for frame (wrapping crystals, etc.) * Assembly space: need place until run (full assembly with electronics, DAQ,.....")
NPS COLLABORATION MEETING AGENDA
- Add item: assembly plan for frame (wrapping crystals, etc.)
- Assembly space: need place until run (full assembly with electronics, DAQ,...)
- Tests ongoing
PMT MAGNETIC SHIELDING
- Aims to protect PMTs when the calorimeter is close to the magnet and simultaneously keep material in front of the calorimeter at a minimum to not impact resolution.
- Concept: double shielding with mu-metal (inside) and iron (outside). The best shape is a box.
- Large magnet aperture as required for large solid angle - large flux that needs to be shielded. Shielding at magnet coils directly has no significant effect, so use a shielding box enclosure around the calorimeter.
- Primary flux can be removed with iron. 1 layer is standard, but here use two layers as default to reduce the field to below 0.2 G.
- Shielding for different configurations with field 0.6 T:
- at 4 meters: 2 mm iron in front and 1 mm at sides of Calorimeter
- at 3 meters: >~6 mm iron required (5 mm s not sufficient)
- Practically such additional shielding could be bolted on with a minimum number of bolts to minimize installation time (radiation consideration)
- Action Item: explicit calculations for 3 meters with field 0.3 T
- In the process of procuring the final components/pieces
- Assembly is on schedule
- Meetings with engineers being planned around the NPS collaboration meeting
- Energy and dose rate distribution discussion
- dose comes from higher energy parts - so can change magnet BdL, but not much impact since dose dominated by high energy
- From the plots one can see that in certain regions have less dependence on magnetic field
- Low energy particles dominate dose before the magnet, then remove e-/e+ and have only photons at low energy, high energy part not so simple to remove
- Action Item: Bogdan will send the latest magnetic field map to Ho San
- Table with available models and their measured resolutions and nonlinearities (3x3 prototype) being prepared
- Anode current measurements planned in Hall D
- Instrumentation paper to be posted soon
- Full NPS construction paper to follow
NEXT MEETING: THURSDAY 19 DECEMBER AT 9:00AM (ET)