Difference between revisions of "General Meeting Summary 12/19/19"
(Created page with "NPS Collaboration Meeting (3 February 2020) * TCS discussion ::* Helpful to show in presentation the status of rates/detector simulations, e.g. to demonstrate that one can r...")
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
NPS (3 February 2020)
* TCS discussion
* TCS discussion
Latest revision as of 16:57, 20 December 2019
NPS COLLABORATION MEETING (3 February 2020)
- TCS discussion
- Helpful to show in presentation the status of rates/detector simulations, e.g. to demonstrate that one can record the data at the expected rates. This includes realistic background simulation with magnetic fields etc.
- To do list
- Orsay engineers will be available on 4 February for further discussions
- ODU team has been taking data - analysis ongoing
FRAME - MAGNETIC SHIELDING (Carlos)
- Background: magnetic field at NPS PMTs higher than desired with original shielding model (PMTs with mu metal). At 0.6T calculated field up to 200 G at location of PMTs. Additional shielding not easy, in particular at 3m position.
- New shielding design: uses mu metal mesh - simulations show that with this shielding magnetic fields go down to an acceptable level - demonstrates that order 100-200 G fields can be mitigated. The new design has been implemented (major change) in the frame design.
- this shielding works because have many plates that can pick up the field
- 4-cm spacing based on calculations: size of box ~1m, iron gap and mu metal have to be normalized to size of box
- with the new shielding design likely less iron in front of calorimeter too
- Action item: real simulations at full field
MAGNETIC FIELD SIMULATIONS (Ho San)
- With new configuration 0.2 Tm sufficient to sweep away charged particle background
- Background dose calculations seem to suggest that beam line shielding not necessary
- goal: mitigate magnetic field - previously saw that after magnet have significant electron/positron striking beam pipe --> background from secondaries; now field is reduced and secondary contribution down as well, but perhaps can further improve
- No significant changes in energy resolution, but do observe changes in position and angle resolution
- Action Item: calculate background dose for general setting at small angle (6.3 deg) and at 3-4 m position - need new field maps for that
- Received additional (64+50) Crytur crystals - total is now 464 Crytur crystals (no rejections)
- Expect another 200 crystals in spring 2020
- Contract for 250 Crytur crystals Sept 2020 - April 2021
- Crystal article submitted to NIM journal
NEXT MEETING: THUR 16 JANUARY 2020 AT 9:00 AM (ET)