General Meeting Summary 2/20/20

From Cuawiki
Revision as of 18:10, 20 February 2020 by Hornt (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

DISCUSSION 2020 NPS TO-DO LIST

MECHANICAL DESIGN

  • Action item: Send updates on kinematics (DVCS) to the Hall C design team
  • mainly need NPS angle, distances, and HMS angle to check for interference
  • consolidate everything into one table
  • Action item: Add a bullet with beamline specific items (this task would start after May 2020)
  • vacuum
  • corrector
  • need to have design and mounting concept
  • Crane operation smooth enough for NPS?
  • the abrupt stop/start has been a problem for aerogel tray (de)installations and optimizations have been ongoing

MAGNET

  • For bullet 2: generate documentation - helpful to see what has been done already and also needed for experiment and safety documentation
  • For fringe field vs. current main interest is the effect on the beamline
  • impact on physics was discussed at the 2/3 collaboration meeting

FRAME

  • Tasks, e.g. quotes, ongoing
  • Possible concept for insulation from mu metal (avoid electrical contact with PMT and crystal): instead of insulating material, e.g. kapton or teflon wrapping all tubes (labor intensive and labor is limited), retract the mu metal cylinder from the PMT front face
  • can show concept in more detail at next meeting
  • Preshaping
  • Wrapping material will be shipped to JLab
  • A relatively large oven (with max temp ~300degC) is available from Bogdan - how long is it needed?
  • Action item: prepare drawings of the needed additional shaping tools for parallel production of pre-shaped wrappers
  • Action item: prepare documentation for using the oven

CRYSTALS/GLASS

  • Working on paperwork to ship 10 CRYTUR crystals (and also connectors) to Orsay; planning to ship glass in May
  • For bullet 3: plan to check with Crytur in May/June on expedited delivery schedule
  • Follow up on location of the most recently shipped 10 Crytur crystals - have they arrived at JLab?

HV DIVIDERS

  • Calculations from 2/3 collaboration meeting showed a very high anode current (kinematics dependent)for NPS experiments
  • Hall D has made measurements of the anode current, but the configuration is different from NPS
  • A measurement of the anode current in NPS conditions in Hall C is not feasible
  • To verify the NPS calculations, can:
  • compare calculation for Hall D configuration with Hall D measured anode current results
  • make a measurement of the anode current with LEDs prepared for expected NPS condition - has this been done already by Fernando?

DAQ AND ELECTRONICS

  • Tasks are ongoing
  • Bullet 8 - confirm with DSG the development of slow control SW has been completed

SIMULATION AND SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT

  • Tasks are ongoing

NPS SCIENCE: TCS

  • Postponed to CPS meeting. However, slides are posted and comments welcome


NEXT MEETING: THURSDAY 26 MARCH AT 9:00AM (ET)