General Meeting Summary 4/16/20
PARTICIPANTS: V. Berdnikov, A. Camsonne, C. Munoz-Camacho, R. Ent, M. Fowler, T. Horn, C. Hyde, S. Lassiter, P. Medeiros, H. Mkrtchyan, J. Murphy, J. Roche, V. Tadevosyan, B. Wojtsekhowski
MAGNET AND DESIGN (Charles, Paulo, Steven, Mike)
- Analysis of magnet fringe field data and comparison to calculation is ongoing
- The Hall A/C engineering/design team is working on NPS cable layout
- Two main routing options, one more direct but also makes cables longer - seems fine from NPS point of view, but need to check with Hall C
- Also need to take into account CPS in overall cable layout
- Action items:
- Send updated DVCS kinematics table with settings moved to Hall C from Hall A to Steven L.
- Check with Brad S. on cable routing, patch panel, etc.
- Include CPS in overall cable layout
- Construction started, but on hold until end of lockdown - currently expect re-opening after May 11
- Crystals and LED connectors arrived in Orsay
- Cabling of LED connectors is ongoing
- Action item: check on cable making effort at JLab
CRYSTALS (Vladimir, Tanja)
- Had email communication with Crytur. Vendor is working on a proposal for crystal delivery for rest of FY20 and FY21 - expect update after 4/17
- A few boxes of Crytur crystals that arrived last month await to be inspected. Furthermore, the expected SICCAS crystal arrived (60 of those to NPS) and await inspection
- SICCAS crystals were preselected in Shanghai by a FCAL collaborator from Wuhan U. - 13% of all inspected crystals were rejected based on simple visual inspection
- Action items:
- check on options for Crytur to send ~70-100 crystals to JLab on 30 August. These would arrive in multiple boxes with different invoices due to issues with the carrier on vendor's side.
- check on options for both vendors to keep producing and sending crystals - options for storage at JLab
HV DIVIDERS (Vladimir, Tanja)