General Meeting Summary 5/28/15

From Cuawiki
Revision as of 09:38, 28 May 2015 by Hornt (Talk | contribs) (Created page with "PWO CRYSTALS * A subset of the 15 crystals from JLab manufactured by SIC in 2014 were sent for testing at Giessen, BNL, and Caltech. The goal is to get results for comparison...")

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

PWO CRYSTALS

  • A subset of the 15 crystals from JLab manufactured by SIC in 2014 were sent for testing at Giessen, BNL, and Caltech. The goal is to get results for comparison with our earlier results and to also include them in upcoming reports and conference presentations.
  • 2 crystals each were sent to BNL and Caltech - they have been received. Need to check on the status of the tests.
  • 5 crystals were sent to Giessen - received and tests are ongoing; results are expected by the time Rainer visists at JLab June 15-17. He also expects to have results from the first long Crytur crystal by then.
  • Next tests to do at JLab: DAQ/electronics/trigger development
  • fADCs and CTP are now available
  • Action item: set up the readout and get shape of pulse in fADCs (Alex). Next step is to setup the trigger. Time scale for the former is on the order of a few weeks.
  • 30 additional crystals have been ordered from SIC with the same specs as those manufactured in 2015
  • Discussion about crystal quality specifications
  • The goal is to have a table of required crystal quality specs for mass production order. Action item: update our initial table with findings from last year (Hamlet)
  • Discussion about tests to do to determine crystal quality specs and at which facilities to do them.


NPS SCIENCE: PAC43 UPDATE

  • LOI on TCS with transverse target submitted
  • Proposal on double polarization observables in WACS with high intensity submitted
  • background science to be presented on 2 June
  • experiment uses high intensity untagged photon beam, electron beam (2 uA) will be dumped in short magnet


RAINER VISIT AT JLAB: 15-17 JUNE

  • Current plan is to schedule 1/2 day with JLab management
  • Action item: arrange discussion time on another day in which everyone else can participate. Remote access.


FUNDING UPDATES

  • NSF MRI under review
  • D. Hamilton is working on a equipment funding proposal. The proposal has two components: 1) procurement of extra steel needed for WACS, 2) development of NPS DAQ and parts of slow controls. This project qualifies for matching.
  • Action item: circulate proposal draft for feedback


NPS TALK AT SUMMER HA/HC MEETING: 17-18 JULY 2015

  • Action item: if anyone is interested in giving this talk let TH know.


ITEMS FOR NEXT MEETING:

  • Updates on crystals and Rainer's visit at JLab
  • Readout and trigger electronics (Alex)
  • Equipment funding update (David)
  • TAC and theory reports of PAC43 submissions
  • Other...


NEXT MEETING: THUR., 18 JUNE 9:00 AM (EST)