General Meeting Summary 6/13/13
Revision as of 15:00, 16 June 2013 by 220.127.116.11 (Created page with "TECHNICAL REVIEW DISCUSSION * Discussion of WACS reply to TAC comments. ::* Comments 9: itemizes what is included in beam time request. May want to separate last sentence from ...")
TECHNICAL REVIEW DISCUSSION
- Discussion of WACS reply to TAC comments.
- Comments 9: itemizes what is included in beam time request. May want to separate last sentence from the rest of the reply
- Comment 12: filled in cover sheet can be submitted to management
SIDIS SLIDES DRAFT DISCUSSION:
- Slide 13: may need to explain that the yellow boxes are before/after magnet are the coils.
- Slide 14: "two new sweeping magnets..."
- Slide 17: move to backup
- Slide 20: needs some updates with experiment integrated doses. Conservative dose limit shown - may need to include statement on what happens for, e.g., 1 MRad.
- Slide 21: Add one slide on linearity tests showing high rate and background tests to illustrate linearity of the bases, e.g., under a lot of anode current. Some discussion on best strategy for curing.
- Slide 22: discussion on setting of trigger threshold. Note that trigger on HMS, so need to consider HMS singles rates.
DVCS SLIDES DRAFT DISCUSSION:
- Slide 4: may want to change green color as not easily visible
- Slide 5: discussion about mentioning the details of DVCS HC, e.g., only experiment that can provide precision data at the higher momenta. Precision data will come from HA early on, but limited in kinematic reach by HA spectrometers, and so need new program for precision data at the higher momenta.
- Slide 6: discussion on adding figure on energy dependence here?
- Slide 8: discussion on how HMS adds in phase space, e.g., adds low beam energies for L/Ts
- Slide 10: for consistency may want to use 1116 PbWO4 crystals
- Slide 18: Scale error for currents may be smaller, e.g., 1% at 20uA.
ITEMS FOR NEXT MEETING:
- Review of outcome of PAC meeting
NEXT MEETING: THUR, 11 JULY at 9AM (EDT)