General Meeting Summary 8/20/15
Revision as of 14:48, 25 August 2015 by Hornt (Created page with "MAGNET FOLLOW-UP * Design drawings ::* aim is to check geometrical fit and mechanical aspects ::* ongoing discussions about availability of labor and timeframe (CH, BW) ::* f...")
- Design drawings
- aim is to check geometrical fit and mechanical aspects
- ongoing discussions about availability of labor and timeframe (CH, BW)
- frame drawings can be done after magnet drawings
- Background simulations
- Issue at hand: show that background is less with the current configuration compared to the configuration with the horizontal bend. Difficult to do figure out up/down dependence, i.e., do blocks at small angles see more/less radiation.
- In principle can use GEANT 4 for these simulations. The code GN and BW used for the photon source simulations may serve as a starting point. Contact Gabi to get the GEANT 4 code (RE)
- Post technical note on compact photon source - contains information on GEANT 3 and GEANT 4 comparison (TH)
- Calorimeter prototype has been moved to test lab and new crate and DAQ setup for tests
- Received back the five crystals from Giessen. Results of these tests have been posted on the Wiki. Results from tests carried out at Caltech and BNL have also been posted.
- Received two crystal samples from Crytur at CUA - currently being tested
- Outline for quality assurance procedure and crystal specifications in preparation
- Planned adjacent to Hall A/Hall C meeting. Dates to be determined (CH)
- Aim is to procure a few full-sized crystals from Crytur for testing