Meeting 27 March 2020
Revision as of 10:25, 28 March 2020 by Hornt
- Magnet and shielding
- Hall D updates
- Analyze recent radiation simulation results
- Make an updated Hall A/C CPS sketch (new overall dimensions, weight) for Steve L. and team to check in the model. Make sure all CPS kinematics are available to the engineers/designers. Plan to discuss with the engineering team in April 17 meeting.
- Get suggested Hall D CPS configurations (Sean)
- Radiation simulations (Gabriel)
- Pb configuration works in the backward region (<0cm)
- Tungsten seems the best option for the forward region, but some more tuning may be needed, e.g. more W laterally out to 70cm
- See these CPS Next Phase notes for guidance
- Tungsten may be down to ~1m3
- Was there a low energy cut applied? What was it?
- Magnet and CPS design (Bogdan, Thia)
- Keeping all components on the pivot may be difficult - possible options were discussed with the engineering team. Should check in where they are.
- About 100 tons of lead are available from SLAC. Process has started to ship ~80 tons of lead to JLab. Discussion about storage ongoing with RADCon
- Hall D CPS
- Tagger area in Hall D: should be fine to move permanent magnet downstream and put CPS in that position
- Weight up to ~150 tons (few square meters) should be fine
- Need suggested configurations from Sean
- TCS: work on checking the impact of magnetic field on low energy (~100 MeV) particles is ongoing
NEXT MEETING: FRIDAY 17 APRIL AT 11:00AM (ET)