Simulation Tasks - collection
Revision as of 09:45, 17 May 2021 by Hornt
- Implement EEEMCal (contact: Carlos)
- Implement barrel homogeneous EMCal (contact: Nathaly)
- Compare different reconstruction algorithms
- Investigate discrimination between single photon and merged photons from pi0 decay based on cluster tower energy distribution; same for e/pi separation - possibly explore machine learning application (contact: Renee)
- Hybrid calorimeter clustering
- see JLab HyCal
- Light transport going beyond summing up GEANT4 hits
- Determine impact of calorimeter support structure on physics performance; define module geometry (contact: Vardan, Arthur)
- study/conclude on the tolerance for the size of the gaps between modules (defined by the alveolar and other support elements); also for the transition region between two calorimeters.
- Angular (rapidity) dependencies: for non-projective geometry for modules with the same length, the EMCal depth seen by the particle will depend on rapidity (with 45 degrees to the beam line it will be a factor of sqrt(2) larger compared to 0 degree). We know that e/h separation will be affected (shower profile), but simple E/p matching performance for eID may be affected too (deeper EMCal - more probability for charged hadron to shower); also the affect of gaps will be different with the angle.
- Comparison of simulation with test beam data (electrons, pions, etc) and find the ways for simulation tuning (e.g. light transport model and/or non-uniformity map, etc.) - contacts: Petr,
- Detector Design Optimization (contact: Cristiano)