Annual Postdoctoral Prize
Note: This year's competition for this prize is closed. The announcement below is given for informational purposes only. We hope that next year JSA will once again fund this prize (expect roughly similar deadlines and stipulations).
The JSA Initiatives Fund has again sponsored the JSA Postdoctoral Research Prize. The Prize competition is run by the Users Group Board of Directors, with the intention of honoring our finest postdocs.
The ground rules are:
- All entries must be emailed to harris at jlab.org by *December 01, 2010*.
- All nominees must be within 5 years of graduation, and in a postdoc or equivalent position at the time of nomination. You do not have to be an experimental postdoc working at a university to apply - JLab and theory postdocs are also eligible to apply. Previous winners are not eligible to apply.
- Entries should include a research statement (3 page limit) and CV by the nominee, along with three letters of reference. The research statement should describe past work and future plans and should include a preliminary budget. All materials may be emailed in separately.
- The competition will be judged by the Users Group Board of Directors.
- The basis for picking the top candidate includes a record of accomplishment in physics, a planned high-impact Jefferson Lab physics program, proposed use of the research grant, and promise of further accomplishments in the Jefferson Lab research fields in the future.
- The Prize will be in the form of a research grant.