Annual Postdoctoral Prize
The JSA Annual Postdoctoral Prize for outstanding postdocs has once again been funded by JSA.
The Prize competition is run by the Users Group Board of Directors. The Prize is for funding of a research project of the candidate's choosing - in fact, the award is based (in part) on the originality and quality of this proposed research.
The Prize has been fully funded at $10,000 for 2015, and the deadline for the 2014 competition is set set for January 30, 2015, by 5 p.m. If you want to be considered, please email your complete application package to Lorelei Chopard by the deadline (see instructions below). The winner will be announced in Spring 2015.
The rules are:
- All entries must be emailed to Lorelei Chopard: email@example.com by Jan. 30, 2015.
- ll nominees must be with-in five years of graduation, and in a postdoc or equivalent position (at JLab, a University, or a National Lab) at the time of nomination.
- Postdocs in both experiment and theory are eligible. Previous winners are not eligible to apply.
- Entries should include a research statement (five- page limit) and CV by the nominee, along with three letters of reference. The research statement should describe past work and future plans and should include a preliminary budget. All materials may be emailed in separately.
- The competition will be judged by the Users Group Board of Directors.
- The basis for picking the top candidate includes a record of accomplishment in physics, a planned high-impact Jefferson Lab physics program, proposed use of the research grant, and promise of further accomplishments in the Jefferson Lab research fields in the future.
- The Prize will be in the form of a re-search grant.
This project is supported by the JSA Initiatives Fund Program (http://www.jsallc.org/IF/IFIndex.html), a commitment from the JSA owners,SURA and PAE Applied Technologies. Initiatives Funds support programs,initiatives, and activities that further the scientific out-reach, promote the science,education and technology of the Jefferson Lab and benefit the Lab's ex-tended user community in ways that complement the Lab's basic and applied research missions
Past Postdoctoral Prize Award Winners
2015 : Raul Briceno
2014 : Zhihong Ye
2013 : Christopher Monahan
2012 : Sarah Phillips
2011 : Mark Dalton
2010 : Simona Malace
2009 : Patricia Solvignion
2008 : Bradley Sawatzky