Members of the User Group Board of Directors are typically elected for 2-year terms. Each year, some members rotate off and a new election is held to replace these members. The next election will be in Spring 2012:
Elections in Spring 2012
The following positions on the UG Board of Directors will become vacant in June 2012:
- Chair Elect (1 year term; will then become the Chair for 2 years followed by 1 year as Past-Chair). Zein-Eddine Meziani will have completed his term as Past-Chair.
- Three members at large (2-year terms). Dan Carman, Kawtar Hafidi and Karl Slifer will have completed their 2-year terms.
- A member who can represent the Graduate Students working at JLab (preferably students more than 2 years away from finishing their Ph.D.). Rakitha Beminiwattha will rotate off the board.
- A member who can represent the Postdocs working at JLab (also a 2-year term). Aidan Kelleher will have completed his 2-year term.
We will have an election to fill all of these positions during the Spring of 2012. The newly elected officers will begin their terms at the end of the 2012 Annual User Group Meeting (June 4-6).
The candidates for these positions will be selected by the Nominating Committee: Eric Christy (chair), Ron Gilman, Raffaella DeVita and Benni Zihlmann. If you would like to nominate yourself or anyone else for any of these UGBoD positions (or have any suggestions), please contact a member of the Nominating Committee. Self-nominations are very much encouraged!
Stay tuned for candidate information and voting instructions.
The following members of the board have rotated off at the end of the June 2011 Annual User Group Meeting:
- Andre Afanasev (JLab)
- Ioana Niculescu (JMU)
- Phil Cole (ISU)
They have been replaced by:
- Anatoly Radyushkin (Jlab) will become the new Experiment/Theory Liasion
- Kent Paschke (at large member)
- Mark Ito (at large member)
Congratulations to the new UGBoD members!