Members of the User Group Board of Directors are typically elected for 2-year terms. Each year, some members rotate off and a new election is held to replace these members. The most recent elections has just concluded - the next election will be in Spring 2013.
Elections in Spring 2012
The following positions on the UG Board of Directors will become vacant in June 2012:
- Chair Elect (1 year term; will then become the Chair for 2 years followed by 1 year as Past-Chair). Zein-Eddine Meziani will have completed his term as Past-Chair.
- Three members at large (2-year terms). Dan Carman, Kawtar Hafidi and Karl Slifer will have completed their 2-year terms.
- A member who can represent the Graduate Students working at JLab (2 year term). Rakitha Beminiwattha will rotate off the board.
- A member who can represent the Postdocs working at JLab (also a 2-year term). Aidan Kelleher will have completed his 2-year term.
The elections are now closed. The newly elected members will be announced at the June 04-06 Users' Meeting ( http://conferences.jlab.org/ugm/index.html ). Their term begins at the end of that meeting.
The following members of the board have rotated off at the end of the June 2011 Annual User Group Meeting:
- Andre Afanasev (JLab)
- Ioana Niculescu (JMU)
- Phil Cole (ISU)
They have been replaced by:
- Anatoly Radyushkin (Jlab) will become the new Experiment/Theory Liasion
- Kent Paschke (at large member)
- Mark Ito (at large member)
Sucheta Jawalkar (Student representative) graduated in Fall of 2011 and was replaced by Rakitha Beminiwattha who will complete her term (until June 2012). Zein-Eddine Meziani moved from the Chair to the Past-Chair position, and Sebastian Kuhn became Chair after finishing his term as Chair-Elect.