Additional Space in the ARC?
The following email was sent out by Rusty Sprouse. Please contact Sebastian (kuhn-at-jlab) if you have any comments, suggestions, preferences...:
The Lab is working with the City to obtain some space recently vacated in the ARC, specifically rooms 250, 250A, and 260.
We are working to resolve space issues in CEBAF Center Wing F. With WIng D increasing in staff over the next few years and nearterm increases in other groups I am soliciting roups interested in relocating from CEBAF F Wing 2 and 3rd floors. The move could likely remain in-place until completion of 12 GeV.
The ARC space size is Rm 250 630 SF 250A 242 SF (Ideal for conference room) 260 1,658 SF
The ARC space could potentially fit:
- Option 1 (JLab Staff): Group Manager (242SF private office) or conference room plus ~12 staff (with 80SF workstations)
- Option 2 (Users): 27 Users (with 35-40SF workstations) or a few less with conference room
Provide questions and comments to myself and David Fazenbaker. We are looking to make a decision within a couple of weeks
Current F Wing 2 & 3rd floor occupants are
- 12GeV – 15
- CFODIV – 1 (Nanette Phillips)
- IT Division
- CNI – 24
- DOCSYS – 1 (Kim Kindrew)
- ITO – 2
- MIS – 9
- SCI – 10
- Physics Division
- DATAAC – 7
- PADMIN – 4
- PELECT – 6
- PHALLA – 46
- PHALLB – 69
- PHALLC – 43
- PHALLD – 13
- ENGMGT – 1 (Ettore Salpietro)
- FEL – 4
- PMI – 9
User Space in Counting House
Jefferson Lab is planning a major renovation of the 2nd floor of the Counting House. Among other things, windows, roof, ceiling, HVAC systems, bathrooms etc. will be upgraded/repaired. The design phase for this renovation is beginning now - Kawtar Hafidi (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Sebastian Kuhn (email@example.com) are acting as User representatives to the design team. The design should be concluded by end of FY11 and the actual renovation will take place during FY12-13 (concurrent with downtime for the upgrade).
We are soliciting your ideas, requests, and concerns about this upgrade. Here are some questions you could help us with:
- Do you prefer small, enclosed cubicles or larger, open desk spaces (shared by whoever is present)?
- What are your (anticipated) needs with regard to this space? E.g., do you plan to use space during "your" experiments, or as a longer-term "office"? (Have you done so in the past?)
- What is the most useful addition/change you can think of? (We are aware that noise abatement and increased usability of the "conference room" are desirable).
- How should desks/cabinets/storage in this space be allocated? (First come/first serve? By registration - "hotelling"?) Note that we cannot ask for "permanently" assigned space for any particular users - User Space is at a premium at Jefferson Lab and will become even tighter in the future.
- What kind of equipment (terminals, phones,...) are necessary/desirable?
- Do you need lockable cabinets? Any suggestions how to minimize empty or unused storage space?
Send your comments (as soon as possible) via email to Kawtar or Sebastian.