User Space in Counting House
Jefferson Lab is planning a major renovation of the 2nd floor of the Counting House. Among other things, windows, roof, ceiling, HVAC systems, bathrooms etc. will be upgraded/repaired. The design phase for this renovation is beginning now - Kawtar Hafidi (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Sebastian Kuhn (email@example.com) are acting as User representatives to the design team. The design should be concluded by end of FY11 and the actual renovation will take place during FY12-13 (concurrent with downtime for the upgrade).
We are soliciting your ideas, requests, and concerns about this upgrade. Here are some questions you could help us with:
- Do you prefer small, enclosed cubicles or larger, open desk spaces (shared by whoever is present)?
- What are your (anticipated) needs with regard to this space? E.g., do you plan to use space during "your" experiments, or as a longer-term "office"? (Have you done so in the past?)
- What is the most useful addition/change you can think of? (We are aware that noise abatement and increased usability of the "conference room" are desirable).
- How should desks/cabinets/storage in this space be allocated? (First come/first serve? By registration - "hotelling"?) Note that we cannot ask for "permanently" assigned space for any particular users - office space is at a premium at Jefferson Lab and will become even tighter in the future.
- What kind of equipment (terminals, phones,...) are necessary/desirable?
- Do you need lockable cabinets? Any suggestions how to minimize empty or unused storage space?
Send your comments (as soon as possible) via email to Kawtar or Sebastian.