2015-10-10 to 2015-10-23 Accelerator R&D Biweekly Report
- Organized COOL'15 workshop
- Participated in MEIC Collaboration Meeting
- Continued MEIC conceptual design studies
- Worked on new SBIR proposal (circular mode) and helped another SBIR proposal (scanning schronization
- Gave two talks in Rick's cafe
- Attended the COOL15 workshop from Sep.28 to Oct.2.
- Attended the MEIC Collaboration meeting and presented two talks. Attended the follow-up discussion with collaborators on multiple aspects in MEIC.
- Prepared the MEIC quarterly report on the electron polarization and a SBIR proposal on the storage-ring electron cooler.
- MEIC collaboration meeting and follow up discussions: presentations, discussions with Peter and Uli.
- Ion polarization: helping Anatoliy's team with DoE quarterly report and DSPIN'15 paper, spin tracking.
- SBIR proposal preparation: circular mode optics to overcome space charge, help with other minor things.
- GHOST development: benchmarking GHOST, COSY and Elegant.
- LDRD Fast Kicker:
- Presented fast kicker LDRD simulation results at COOL'15, LDRD Poster Session, and MEIC Collaboration Meeting.
- Submitted final report on LDRD project.
- Currently writing paper for COOL'15 proceedings.
- ERL/isotope production:
- Simulations of reduced beamlet size in combination with thicker photon radiator for rastering concept. Verified the average beam energy loss in the thicker radiator should still be compatible with momentum acceptance for energy recovery.
- Took part in COOL Workshop 2015. And gave a poster of “DECOUPLING AND MATCHING OF ELECTRON COOLING SECTION IN THE MEIC ION RING”
- Took part in MEIC Collaboration Meeting Fall 2015. And gave a talk of “Nonlinear Dynamics and Error Study of the MEIC Ion Collider Ring”
- Talked with Peter McIntyre, Uli Wienends, and James Gerity about misalignment and multipole errors in Super-ferric dipole Magnet. Got the data of those multipole errors and prepared for a study of the influence from these errors.
- Organized COOL15 Workshop
- Organized MEIC Collaboration Meeting
- Participated discussions with collaborators during and after the workshop and collaboration meeting (Lijun Mao, Peter McIntyre and Uli Wienands)
- Completed LDRD end-of-year report
- Completed a quarterly report for DOE grant
- Assisted/communicated with companies that plan to submit new SBIR proposals