2016-Apr-01 Accel. R and D Biweekly Report
- Continued study of JLEIC design, particularly electron cooling
- Gave a presentation in JLEIC R&D meeting
- Gave a presentation at the JLEIC Collaboration Meeting
- Participated the JLEIC collaboration meeting and various JLEIC R&D meetings
- Continued working on chromaticity compensation schemes for the electron collider ring.
- Prepared and presented one talk at the JLEIC spring collaborating meeting.
- Discussed the possibility of polarized positrons in the JLEIC.
- Miscellaneous: attended weekly EIC detector user meeting, attended weekly JLEIC R&D meeting.
- Preparing for and participating in the collaboration meeting: presentations on IR, magnet requirements, etc.
- Working with Anatoliy Kondratenko: helping him prepare a work plan and a presentation on ion polarization.
- Miscellaneous: seminar committee duties, skew PIC.
- Continued work on optimization of sextupole field strengths for compensation of nonlinear effects. Use of external MINUIT program for greater flexibility in optimization. Began optimization using arbitrary, non-periodic normal and skew sextupoles in Skew PIC channel.
- Participation in JLEIC Spring 2016 Collaboration Meeting.
- Study on Detector solenoid compensation in JLEIC ion collider ring
- Giving reports of 'First Look at Compensation of Detector Solenoid' and 'Error and Multipole Sensitivity Study for the Ion Collider Ring' in JLEIC Collaboration Meeting Spring 2016.
- Study on Multipole data of magnet FFQ mode QIF given by magnet group(James Gerity). And study a correction scheme to have a suitable DA at IP with those multipole data
- Organized the JLEIC collaboration meeting
- Run weekly JLEIC R&D meetings and attended other EIC related meetings
- Studied various JLEIC design issues including polarized positrons, ion injector, etc.