2016-Apr-01 Comp. Phys. Biweekly Report
- Worked on the cooler design with He Zhang. Presented results
- Prepared for the JLEIC collaboration meeting
- Optics on call for the CEBAF machine.
- Preparing a RHIC technote with F. Meot on CEBAF-ER modeling
- setting up Pelegant for the farm
- investigating the various effects one has to simulate for JLEIC, selecting/researching adequate codes.
- Working on importing the lattice into the CED as a proof of principle
- Implementing a Particle Swarm Optimization algorithm for the LEM upgrade project. The idea is to optimized the CEBAF trip rate and energy cost. Using an open source library (popot) for this.
- Used betacool to attempt to find a stable solution for the single bunch cooler.
- Attended the collaboration meeting.
- collaborating with Faya Wang (SLAC) for the field emission simulations. They are now being emitted and propagated in the waveguide.
- Studying the effect of the waveguide geometry on the field emission yield.
- Comparing efficiency of traceless tensor method versus regular tensor description of the fast multipole formalism. Preparing a paper on the algorithm.