2016-Aug-05 Accel. R and D Biweekly Report
- Continued to work on JLEIC and CLETE3
- Finished and presented two prototypes of electron collider ring optics designs and their nonlinear beam dynamics studies.
- Working on preparing a detector region beam optics required by nuclear physicists for detector background studies.
- Miscellaneous: attended the bi-weekly non-linear beam dynamics meeting, attended the JLEIC weekly R&D meeting, attended the CASA monthly meeting.
- Ion polarization: teleconference with Anatoliy's group, spin tracking with sextupoles, injection lattice for spin tracking, debugging Zgoubi.
- Ion complex integration: IBS and space charge in the ion collider ring at injection.
- Crab crossing: getting Salvador started on simulations
- Miscellaneous: Skew PIC, helping with detector background simulations, teleconference with SLAC on nonlinear dynamics, translation of CBeta lattice.
- Continued work on compensation of nonlinear effects for Skew PIC channel. Comparison of optimized octupole values for particle distributions with and without momentum spread. Equilibrium radial offset of beam found for initial angular spreads up to 26 mrad. Began decapole optimization to allow for further increases in initial angular spread.
- Continued ERL merger studies in G4Beamline. Studying longitudinal emittance growth in the presence of transverse magnetic fields. Comparing single and double bend toroid configurations.
- Research on Ground Motion Activities at the JLEIC
- Prepare an oral report for the NA-PAC'16.
- Attended many meetings
- Worked on cooling experiment
- Worked on a parameter set with strong cooling
- Discussed many issues with other CASA/SRF members