2016-Feb-13 Accel. R and D Biweekly Report
- Participated the JLab-Juelich collaboration meeting and gave a presentation
- Participated ERL cooler meeting and studied issues that could optimized bunched beam cooling
- Continued to study unified field theory
- Working on the electron spin tracking using SLICKTRACK and ZGOUBI.
- Optimized the electron detector region optics and sent to M. Sullivan for studying of reducing the synchrotron radiation background.
- Miscellaneous: attended Juelich/COSY EDM discussion, discussed electron non-linear beam dynamics studies with SLAC colleagues, discussed the feasibility of polarized positrons for JLEIC, attended MEIC-related meetings.
- Preparation of my AAC presentation: a number of dry runs and discussions
- Ion polarization: working with Anatoliy, presentation on EDM, setting up for tracking the ion collider ring
- Non-linear dynamics: working with Guohui and Fanglei, teleconference with SLAC
- GHOST development: preparation of a paper
- Miscellaneous: synchronization chicane, SBIR proposal, Skew PIC, injector discussion, positron discussion, detector region, seminar committee, translation of Slava's thesis
- Skew PIC: Compensation of chromatic aberrations with straight and alternating strength sextupoles in the coupled correlated optics channel. Demonstrated that addition of sextupole magnets restores dynamic stability of off-momentum particles. Explored octupole insertion for spherical aberration compensation.
- ERL for isotopes: Committed to ODU CAS seminar in mid March.
- Combined multipoles survey of FFQ due to 10 sigma beam size of requirement at IP of the JLEIC ion collider ring.
- Learning on Hamiltonian and nonliear driving terms
- Writing of IPAC16's proceeding paper
- Wrote and revised slides for AAC review
- Participated discussions with Richard York
- Participated the JLab-Juelich collaboration meeting
- Continued JLEIC study