2016-Jun-26 Accel R&D Biweekly Report
Biweekly report (ended June 24, 2016)
- Continued worked on bunched beam cooling R&D Explored new ideas/concepts on magnetized sources
- Communicated with Fermilab scientists to explore collaboration on cooling R&D
- Continued field theory study
- Maternity Leave
- Family medical leave most time
- Worked part time at office, on JLEIC
- Organized two teleconferences (dynamic aperture, and ion polarization)
- Continued work on compensation of nonlinear effects for Skew PIC channel. Checking coupled correlated optics solutions with inverted tune ratio.
- Continued ERL merger studies in G4Beamline. Tracking particles through large aperture straight-toroid-straight sections to check matching and emittance growth of 20 and 55 MeV/c electrons. Particle tracking with and without transverse drift correction. Drift correction using both external dipole fields and tilted solenoid coils.
- Worked on multiple errors at the first week
- Vacation on the second week
- Presented JLEIC luminosity performance without cooling continued worked on the related issues, writing a paper
- Attended several JLEIC related meeting
- Started the cooling experiment data analyses