2016-Nov-11 Accel. R and D Biweekly Report
- Continue working on JLEIC conceptual design
- Continue working on unified field theory
- Prepared an Early Career Award proposal of polarized positron source.
- Prepared documents for the EIC R&D Panel.
- Discussed and benchmarking electron spin tracking using ZGOUBI against SPINCKTRACK.
- Miscellaneous: attended the meeting preparing presentations for the EIC R&D panel, attended the CASA monthly meeting.
- Getting ready for the EIC R&D prioritization committee meeting: serving on the steering committee, preparing materials requested by the prioritization committee, preparing the agenda and talk outlines.
- Preparing an early career proposal on the development of an ERL for isotope production.
- Preparing DoE Quarterly Report.
- LDRD: two teleconferences, working with Guohui on setting up detector simulations.
- Ion polarization: regular bi-weekly teleconferences, simulations of acceleration of a polarized beam.
- Skew PIC: regular weekly meetings, working with Bao and Amy on simulations.
- Continued work on compensation of nonlinear effects in a Skew PIC channel. With reduced coupling strength and single harmonics for sextupole and octupole functions, two decapole harmonics are needed to ontrol particle distributions with angular spread up to 82 mrad. Single harmonics are adequate for lower order multipoles, but more harmonics per order may be necessary as the order increases. This is currently seen in the case of dodecapoles, as two dodecapole harmonics are not enough and a third dodecapole harmonic may be necessary to increase the angular spread up to 1 02 mrad.
- Evaluation of polarized and unpolarized ion source readiness for EIC R&D review.
- Make Wiki for LDRD of 'Geometry tagging for heavey ions at JLEIC'
- Continual research on Ground Motion Activities.
- Continual research on magnet quality study
- First week was in vacation
- Second week involved in preparing a talk at DOE PI Exchange meeting and for EIC R&D priority review meeting