2017-Jan-06 Accel. R and D Biweekly Report
- Studied electron cooler with non-magnetized gun
- Discussed cooling physics and JLEIC design with several collaborators
- Continued the unified field theory study
- Writing a paper for the Spin Symposium 2016.
- Working on spin tracking in ZGOUBI.
- Miscellaneous: attended the CASA monthly meeting, attended JLEIC General meeting, attended discussion of JLEIC 140 GeV CM energy.
My main activities in the past week were:
- Ion polarization: meeting with Anatoliy, SPIN'16 proceedings.
- Geometry tagging LDRD: meeting with collaborators.
- Skew PIC: meeting with Rol and collaborators.
My activities over the past few weeks are as follows:
- Toroidal merger: generating magnetized distribution from flat beam distribution following Dave's FBT treatment.
- Skew PIC: Added third decapole harmonic to tighten the phase space area of the beam core. Examined the effect of adding a second octupole harmonic - no effect on phase space area for distributions with angular spreads up to 65 mrad, but may have implications on higher order multipoles. In the process of getting ifarm access to run genetic algorithm routines for faster multipole optimization.
- Try to input BeAGLE result to GEMC. This job is part of LDRD of Geometry tagging for heavy ions at JLEIC. BeAGLE is a CODE of Benchmark eA Generator for LEptoproduction. Currently, we study the simulation with a BeAGLE result of e-Pb collision.
- Worked on IPAC'17 proceeding papers
- Continual research on integration of detector solenoid into the JLEIC ion collider ring.
- Developed/revised new JLEIC parameters with strong cooling
- Explored options for JLEIC to reach 140 GeV CM energy and gave a presentation
- Reviewed a SBIR-II proposal
- Started preparation of a talk in the next week Hong Kong high energy physics conference