2017-Mar-03 Diagnostic Development Biweekly Report
- I worked on CRADAs trying to get $ in house
- Started the review of SBIR titled CNT wires for HEP...
- Also data acquisition for the IMP project & visa application
- a few days leave to attend the AVS meeting in San Diego
- Telecentric imager. Figured out why this imager didn’t work when we installed it in CEBAF. I&C had though that the voltage output of the illuminator was 24V. It is instead 12V. We will need about 42mA for a nice bright image with the larger 2-3/4CF viewport. This imager is really designed for this type of viewport and I believe we will need to wait till after this run so we can change out the viewport.
- Non-telecentric imager. Works well with either viewport. Did find that the camera that we had used for radiation damage test appears to be radiation damaged.
- GTS LDRDS. Kevin repaired the BNNT foil and we installed the fork assembly in the chamber. I’ll work on adding the other flanges to the chamber today.
- I took one morning of leave on 28 Feb
- I spent most of my past two weeks doing the following things, in approximately decreasing order of effort:
- Finishing and transmitting the requirements for the dogleg calculator algorithms to Dennis Turner
- Examining use cases for the dogleg calculator to ensure that operator-driven features were appropriate
- Initiating discussions with Eugene Chudakov and Richard Jones about a prospective gamma harp for Hall D
- Formulating test plans to demo the dogleg calculator functions G and diagnose optics issues in 2R
- Continuing consultation with Brandi on Hall B procedures and dead-reckoning steering for CLAS12
- Discussions with visitor Timothy Maxwell from SLAC on beam diagnostics, puzzles and solutions
- Preparation for late March presentation to CLAS12 Collaboration Meeting