2016-Jul-08 Accel R&D Biweekly Report
Revision as of 10:59, 20 July 2016 by Anichols (Created page with "Bi-weekly report (ended at July 8) Slava Derbenev <ol> <li>Continued conceptual development study of JLEIC <li>Continued field theory study </ol> Fanglei Lin <ul> <li>medi...")
Bi-weekly report (ended at July 8)
- Continued conceptual development study of JLEIC
- Continued field theory study
- medical leave
- Preparing and submitting NAPAC 16 and SPIN 16 abstracts: ion and electron polarizations, JLEIC overview, ion and electron beam dynamics simulations.
- Ion polarization: teleconferences with Anatoly's group, NAPAC 16 and SPIN 16 abstracts, updated work plan, translating annual report.
- Ion complex integration: meeting and analysis of ion beam parameters at injection into the ion collider ring.
- Miscellaneous: Skew PIC, interaction region, seminar committee.
- Continued work on compensation of nonlinear effects for Skew PIC channel. Decapole optimization with angular spread up to 26 mrad using both in-phase and phase-shifted decapoles.
- Continued ERL merger studies in G4Beamline. Comparison of transverse and longitudinal emittance growth through straight-toroid-straight sections for drift correction using dipoles and tilted solenoid coils. Will implement fringe fields for dipole components for further comparison.