- Created series of GPT simulations using Mamun's 1mA run back in mid august (8/16/18 and 8/17/18)
- Wrote up analytic derivation of the net force on the ion due to the anode and magnetizing solenoid. (See Research Notes and Documents)
- Measured diameter of beam pipe in the vicinity of the magnetizing solenoid and two corrector solenoids (within the first meter from the photocathode).
- Created GTS field map layout (using gnuplot), which shows the E-field from the gun and B-field from the magnetizing solenoid, as well as the locations of the cathode, anode, mag. solenoid, and two corrector solenoids.
- Continuing series of GPT simulations. Will try making the anode unbiased. Need to extend the field maps from z=0.14m to 0.25m in order to cover the range of the magnetizing solenoid (or at least until the E-field from the anode is essentially zero).
- Using GPT (GDFMGO) to optimize the E-field of the biased anode and B-field of the magnetizing solenoid in order to determine the conditions for an ion to be trapped between them.
- Writing up analytic derivation of the net force on the ion due to the anode and magnetizing solenoid.
- Will be taking BPM measurements of the GTS electron beam soon in order to see characteristic frequencies of trapped ions within the electron beam.