200kV Wien filter - V1
- 1 Wien specific meetings
- 2 Magnet Design
- 3 High Voltage Design
Wien specific meetings
- February 1, 2018 - Wien magnet coil follow-up discussion
- January 26, 2018 - Wien magnet coil discussion
Wien filter drawings are up to date (as of June 2017)
- M:\me-group\machie\wien filter
- * main folder has the original fabrication drawings we used.
- * sub folder that has revised version of the original drawings to show the latest as-built changes.
- * sub folder labeled "200KV" that has drawings for the differences in the 200KV wien filter.
- * copy of ECO 1046 that has the analysis of the original vacuum chamber welds.
- * a spreadsheet that lists all the drawings and revision status and applicability.
- Note : we discussed making electrodes from one solid piece of stainless steel instead of five pieces brazed together.
Jay's TOSCA Modeling
- J. Benesch, "Modeling the SLAC/JLab Wien filter" media:JLab-TN-15-032.pdf
- TOSCA model of air-side magnet assembly, that is (w/o Ni plates in vacuum chamber)
Coil Modified for 20Amp operation
- Replace 2 layer X 14 turn/layer #16 round wire w/ 2 layer X 13 turn/layer #13 square wire
- Maintain 5.00" ID chamber clearance
Magnet Steel Modifications
- Coil fits within existing transverse gap (chamber to steel), but not within existing vertical gap (conflicts electrode ports)
- Channels are cut into upper and lower steel yokes to allow coils to separate further (remove conflicts w/ electrode ports)
- COIL RETAINER PLATES (32893-C-0008) flipped hold coil 0.124" further from mid plane (0.312 - 0.188 inches)
Vacuum Chamber Modifications
- Larger coil width conflicts with magnet mount lugs
- MAGNET MOUNT LUG (32893-C-0024) width reduced from 1.45 to 0.95 inches welded to vacuum chamber body reduced and moved
High Voltage Design
HV feedthroughs (20kV/15A) JLAB DCG 32893-0020
- ISI/MDC version of P/N
- Kurt Lesker version of P/N
- Phil/Danny increased the length of the Electrode Insulator (see JLAB DCG 32893-0112)
- Increased length by 0.25" see for comparison media:171212_longerspacer.pdf
- Phil/Danny increased the length of the HV Connector Spring Guide (see JLAB DCG 32893-0137)
- Increased length by 0.25" see for comparison media:171212_longerguide.pdf