8-15-18 meeting notes
- 4th ion clearing solution - repeller anode
- Make x-axis logarithmic on IPR graph
Ideas for the future
- Relativistic correction to IPR formula - is the formula true at relativistic speeds?
- Possible future experiment: leak gas into accelerator and observe its behavior
- Think about beam potential when considering what happens to the ion once made
- Look into charge neutralization time from Mesick's paper and JLab Tech note, look at what happens at long times
- Consider modeling ion motion and charge neutralization as a (driven/damped) harmonic oscillator. That is, as the charge of the beam neutralizes, the oscillation (restoring) force on the ion due to the electrons decreases and eventually the ion can leave the beam once the beam is neutral.